University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (UCT) has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products. All faculties, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching, research, and learning. The license allows the installation of the products on university-owned equipment as well as personally owned computers.
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Get Access through: VSCHT’s MATLAB Portal
The following installation procedure applies to staff and student individual licenses. University PC labs can be equipped with concurrent network licenses. Ask your Campus-Wide License administrator for details or for other License option.
You need to perform only the first four steps below in order to access MATLAB Online.
End User: Download the Installer
(see Step-by-Step installation instructions for details)
- Go to MATLAB Portal created by MathWorks for UCT.
- Select ‘Sign in to get started’ in section Get MATLAB and Simulink.
- Log in to your university account.
- Create a MathWorks account. If you already have such an account, simply Log in.
- Your MathWorks account is automatically linked with the license and you will be redirected to the page for installer download
- Click at Download button with the current release. (Users can download any previous release, as well.)
- Select a proper operating system and download the installer.
End User: Install and Activate
(see Step-by-Step installation instruction for details)
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Provide a user name or verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.
End User: Licence renewal
- From Help Menu select Licensing / Activate Software
- MATLAB Onramp – Learn MATLAB in just 2 hours
- MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite – Interactive self-paced online courses
- MATLAB Online – Instant access to MATLAB from a web browser
- MATLAB Mobile - Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results – all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Videos and Webinars – Search for videos by application or product to learn about the vast capabilities and uses of MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Examples – A collection of free and reusable code plus examples on how to use MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Grader – Automatically grade MATLAB code and run your problems in any learning environment
- Teaching with MATLAB – Online course for teachers
- MATLAB Discovery - Discover How to Solve Your Computational Problem
You can use MATLAB Parallel Server for high-performance computing tasks on university clusters. Contact your Campus-Wide License administrator for further information.
Please contact support in the following order: