VPN(Virtual Private Network) enables UCT Prague employees and students to access internal UCT Prague network from remote locations using their personal devices.
- Mac OS
- Android / iPhone - VPN is also available for mobile phones and tablets using Cisco AnyConnect client; the client can be downloaded from the respective device on-line store
Install and setup
- Install downloaded installer package
- Run program and use following options to connect:
- Connect either to vpn.vscht.cz or vpn2.vscht.cz
- Use domain username and password.
Username needs to be provided in an "email form", i.e. "email@example.com".
Important notes and problems resolution using VPN
- For successful connection to VPN the password should not contain characters from national alphabets i.e. should contain characters only from English alphabet and numbers
- If needed to access internet webpages via internal UCT Prague network it is necessary to configure proxy server in a web browser
- VPN client does not work in Windows systems whenever the service “Internet connection sharing” is enabled
- The client does not work in case the device is connected to internal UCT Prague network.
For proxy server configuration, please use following settings in your web browser:
- server name: proxy.vscht.cz
- port: 3128
In case of any problems installing or using VPN please contact UCT Prague technical support.